There are some severe signs of infertility every woman must be aware of when she is planning to have a family. Approximately 10.5 percent of women in their prime reproductive years are infertile. Not knowing the most severe signs of infertility will place a woman at the risk of being infertile. Today, women must be proactive in preserving their future fertility by being aware of the most severe signs.
Signs of Infertility
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- Unhealthy body weight
- Recurrent miscarriages
- History of SDTs
Irregular Menstrual Cycle
The following signs are indicative of an irregular – abnormal – menstrual cycle prohibiting a woman from getting pregnant.
- Unusually short in duration – it occurs within less than 24 days
- Unusually long in duration – it occurs within more than 35 days
- Unpredictable – one month it occurs, then next it does not
- Very light bleeding
- Very heavy bleeding
- Blood flow changes significantly month to month with unusual heaviness and coloring
If a woman is experiencing severe menstrual cramping or other pelvic pain, this sign is also indicative of infertility.
- The cause of cramps or pelvic pain is probably hindering conception
- Cramps are caused by prostaglandins, a natural chemical in the tissues of your uterus
- Cramps are caused or worsened by other diseases or abnormalities, such as endometriosis, uterine fibroids, and pelvic inflammatory disease
Unhealthy Body Weight
Being extremely underweight or overweight may be causing infertility.
- Extreme dieting
- Poor dieting
- Too much exercise
A healthy weight range and diet enhances a woman’s chances of becoming pregnant.
When a woman has a history of more than one miscarriage, this is known as recurrent miscarriage. Recurrent miscarriage is a sign of a reproductive medical problem. Women should seek the help of a fertility specialist after experiencing recurrent miscarriage.
- Only 10 to 20 percent of pregnancies will end in miscarriage
- You should consult with a fertility specialist after your second miscarriage
Dr. Randy S. Morris – founder and medical director of IVF1 in Naperville – is nationally renowned for being only one of a few fertility specialists in the nation to offer embryoscopy – a superior method for the diagnosing the cause of a miscarriage.
History of Sexually Transmitted Disease (STDs)
- STDs cause infertility due to the infection and inflammation damage they cause to reproductive organs
- Chlamydia or gonorrhea cause blockage of the fallopian tubes or damage to the ovaries
- The symptoms of both chlamydia and gonorrhea are silent
- Blockage of the fallopian tubes makes pregnancy impossible or ectopic pregnancy likely
Fertility Specialist Treating the Most Severe Signs of Infertility
For more information about your fertility treatment options, click the icon below and download a recently published eBook by Dr. Randy Morris – Guide to Fertility Treatment. Long distance patients can consult with Dr. Morris through a secured Infertility Video Consultation. Or, schedule your in-person consultation by calling 630.357.6540.