Under the expertise of Dr. Randy S. Morris, IVF1 was the first fertility center in the United States to achieve pregnancy using the innovative technology known as In Vitro Maturation (IVF). IVM is a varied form of the traditional IVF egg retrieval procedure. The woman’s eggs are removed from the ovaries while they are in an immature stage. The eggs are then matured in a laboratory setting before being fertilized by sperm.
In Vitro Maturation Candidates
Because eggs are collected before they are retrieved surgically, the woman does not need to take large doses of infertility drugs during the IVF process.
Dr. Morris recommends IVM:
- For women who choose to undergo Natural IVF and avoid the cost of expensive fertility drugs
- For women who are susceptible to developing Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS) and/or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- For couples diagnosed with male factor infertility
The IVM Procedure
IVM is a varied protocol of the conventional IVF procedure.
- Step 1: Eggs are surgically retrieved when they are in an immature stage.
- Step 2: Eggs are matured in a petri dish placed in a laboratory incubator for one to two days.
- Step 3: When the eggs are mature, they are fertilized with sperm (partner’s or donor sperm) via Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI).
- Step 4: Resulting embryos are then cultured in a laboratory setting until they reach the blastocyst stage (5 to 6 days of development) before being transferred to the woman’s uterus via a catheter.
In Vitro Maturation (IVM) Fertility Specialist
Reach out to Dr. Randy S. Morris and discover how he can help increase your chances of getting pregnant through the use of IVM in conjunction with your upcoming IVF procedure.
Click the icon below and download a recently published eBook by Dr. Randy Morris – Guide to Fertility Treatment – and discover your fertility treatment options. Long distance patients can consult with Dr. Morris via a secured Online Video Consultation. Call IVF1 today for a consultation with Dr. Morris at 630.357.6540.