If you and your partner are trying to get pregnant but have not been able to conceive, or if you would like to visit a fertility doctor for other reasons, finding the best reviewed fertility doctor is your first step to getting the treatment you need. Below, we will take a look at where you can find Naperville’s best reviewed fertility doctor.
Importance of a Reproductive Endocrinologist
It is important to visit a fertility doctor who is board-certified in reproductive endocrinology and who is a member of the Society for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (SREI). To join SREI, physicians must have been certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG) in the field of Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB-GYN), then further specialize in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. Fewer than 800 physicians have been certified reproductive endocrinologists.
Reproductive endocrinologists are best-equipped to handle the complex issues that patients with infertility present with. In total, SREI members have seven years of further sub-specialty training after medical school. While OB-GYNs are familiar with the female reproductive system, reproductive endocrinologists are experts in both male and female infertility, and have the ability to use assistive reproductive technologies (ART), including IUI and IVF. They are experts in endocrine issues such as hormonal imbalances, menopause, and menstrual disturbances.
Finding the Best Reviewed Fertility Doctor
In addition to expertise in reproductive endocrinology, there are a number of other factors to evaluate when searching for the best reviewed fertility doctor in Naperville:
- Years of experience – A doctor with more years of experience in the field has had the time to develop better judgment and more refined skills. In many cases, more experienced physicians are equipped to provide the best treatment.
- Bedside manner – Being treated for infertility requires you to discuss intimate issues and receive sensitive treatment. If you feel uncomfortable with your physician in any way, the quality of communication and thus of treatment can be impacted negatively. Therefore, be sure to choose a physician with excellent bedside manner.
- Success rates – Fertility clinics should publish data on their success rates with IVF procedures, typically separated by the type of treatment used and the demographics of the patients. Be sure to choose a clinic whose success rates are higher than average.
- Approach to treatment – What fertility protocols does the doctor offer? Are embryos screened in the preimplantation phase to ensure that they are suitable for transfer? What does the doctor do to prevent complications during treatment?
- Areas of expertise – If you have a particular condition that may impact your fertility, it is best to find a doctor who has experience treating patients like you. Certain medical conditions can influence how fertility treatment should proceed.
Reviews are one of the most valuable tools for finding a fertility doctor. By looking for the best reviewed fertility doctor, you ensure that you are visiting a physician who other patients have had good experiences with. As you read reviews, it is best to look at the overall trends that appear again and again over multiple reviews, rather than isolated incidents. In addition, look for what people say about the issues that are most important to you, such as bedside manner.
Top Fertility Doctor in Naperville, IL
Dr. Randy Morris is the best reviewed fertility doctor in Naperville, IL. Dr. Morris is a board-certified reproductive endocrinologist with over 20 years of experience in the field. Over the course of his career, Dr. Morris has continued to adopt the safest and most effective methods, including a variety of medication protocols to meet different needs, and the use of preimplantation screening. Dr. Morris has the skills and expertise to treat all cases of infertility, regardless of their complexity. His patients appreciate his clear communication and kind bedside manner.
Dr. Randy Morris would be happy to meet with you about your fertility needs. To schedule your consultation today, please click below and enter your information or call IVF1 at (630) 357-6540.