If you are struggling with infertility, having a skilled physician to oversee your fertility treatment is one of the best assets you can have. Below, we will take a look at where you can find the best fertility center near Downers Grove, as well as what you can expect when you go to your first appointment.
When to Visit a Fertility Center
In a given month, the majority of couples who are trying to conceive will not get pregnant. However, over the period of several months, the odds are in your favor: a wide majority of couples get pregnant within 12 months of trying to conceive. Therefore, it is recommended that most couples visit a fertility center if they have not gotten pregnant after trying for a year or longer.
For older couples, the chances of having infertility are higher. Therefore, it is recommended that women over the age of 36 visit a fertility center if they have not gotten pregnant within 6 months of trying to conceive. An earlier consultation may also be considered if one or both partners has a history of reproductive problems.
Features to Look For
As you search for the best fertility center near Downers Grove, keep an eye out for these key features:
- Reproductive endocrinologist – The clinic should be headed by a board-certified reproductive endocrinologist. Reproductive endocrinologists are OB-GYNs with further specialization in the treatment of male and female infertility and related problems of the endocrine system. They can use assistive reproductive technologies (ART) like IVF, and are the best equipped to provide infertility treatment. There have only been about 400 reproductive endocrinologists in the United States since the specialty was established.
- Years of experience – A physician with more years of experience in the field is most likely to have the skills and judgment needed to provide excellent care.
- Cutting-edge procedures – Reproductive endocrinology is a rapidly evolving field. A number of cutting-edge procedures, such as in vitro maturation, can improve outcomes, as can evidence-based protocols for procedures like ovarian stimulation and egg freezing and thawing.
- Success rates – Reproductive endocrinologists publish their IVF success rates, including success rates with different procedures and for different populations. Make sure to choose a clinic whose success rates are at or above the national average.
- Bedside manner – You should feel comfortable with your fertility doctor, and find that the doctor takes the time to listen to and address your concerns. If a doctor’s bedside manner puts you ill at ease, it may be a red flag.
Best Fertility Center Near Downers Grove
The best fertility center near Downers Grove is IVF1, headed by Dr. Randy Morris. Dr. Morris is a board-certified reproductive endocrinologist with decades of experience in the field. Dr. Morris works to provide the highest-quality care, based on the latest research and discovery, to ensure that each patient has as high a chance of getting pregnant as possible.
What to Expect at Your Consultation
The initial consultation is an opportunity for your doctor to begin to learn your fertility needs and potential causes of infertility. You can expect to discuss the following:
- Medical history
- Reproductive history
- Family reproductive history
- Sex life
- Lifestyle factors such as smoking and alcohol
- Possible diagnostic tests
- Possible treatment options
The doctor may also perform a physical examination on both partners. For women, diagnostic testing can include ultrasound, blood testing, and pelvic examination. Men may be asked to provide a semen sample. Expanded testing may be ordered as necessary.
Dr. Randy Morris would be happy to meet with you about your fertility. To schedule your consultation today, please click below and enter your information or call IVF1 at (630) 357-6540.