Artificial insemination – commonly referred to as Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) – is a very successful and cost effective fertility treatment procedure successfully performed by Dr. Randy S. Morris for over 20 years. Artificial insemination is commonly used when a woman in her prime reproductive years is experiencing unexplained infertility.
Artificial Insemination Cost
At IVF1, the approximate cost of artificial insemination is $300, excluding the added expense of fertility medications. The patient is administered an oral medication, typically, Clomid or Femara. The average cost of Clomid for a single cycle averages between $40 and $100. Sometimes the oral medication is prescribed in combination with an injectable fertility drug. These fertility drugs will stimulate a woman’s egg production. The procedure is simply performed in the doctor’s office and requires no anesthesia similar to a Pap smear
Artificial insemination is commonly prescribed as a first option for women who have been unable to conceive after one year of unprotected sexual intercourse.
- Women who have unobstructed fallopian tubes
- Women who have a normal uterine cavity
- Women whose male partner has unexplained infertility
Artificial Insemination Procedure
- Using fertility medication(s) to stimulate the growth of multiple egg follicles during one cycle, the doctor regularly monitors the development of follicles via blood tests and pelvic ultrasounds.
- The doctor determines the prime time to induce ovulation via hCG injection administration.
- The patient’s male partner’s sperm specimen is produced in the doctor’s office (or frozen donor sperm is retrieved, thawed) and prepared in a laboratory setting using special viability enhancement solutions.
- The semen specimen is washed and prepared for insertion into the woman’s uterus using an insemination catheter.
- The preparation and insertion of the sperm assures that a highly concentrated amount of mobile and active sperm are placed directly into the woman’s uterus.
- Usually 2 IUI inseminations are performed after the hCG ovulation release injection – between 12 and 36 hours after administration – to increase the chance of conception.
- Artificial insemination provides a low cost infertility treatment alternative for increasing a woman’s chance of pregnancy.
Preeminent Artificial Insemination Doctor
Dr. Randy S. Morris – founder and Medical Director of IVF1 – is a Board Certified Endocrinologist and Fertility Specialist who has the expertise to provide you with the most successful and cost-efficient artificial insemination procedures.
Click the icon below to download a recently published eBook by Dr. Randy Morris – Guide to Fertility Treatment – and discover your fertility treatment options. Long distance patients can consult with Dr. Morris via a secured Online Video Consultation. Call IVF1 today for a consultation with Dr. Morris at 630.357.6540.