For couples considering in vitro fertilization (IVF), the potential cost of treatment is one of the most important things to consider. By going through insurance and choosing a doctor who provides affordable IVF treatments, most couples are able to manage the cost of treatment. Below, we will take a look at which factors influence the cost of this notoriously pricey procedure, as well as what methods are available for managing the cost and where you can find affordable IVF treatments in Chicago.
What Affects the Cost of IVF
Many factors combine to determine the cost of IVF. Some of the most influential factors include:
- Drug protocol – IVF drugs are expensive, often representing one of the highest costs associated with the procedure. Some women only respond to higher doses of medication, increasing the cost of treatment.
- Use of ancillary procedures – If ancillary procedures, such as testicular sperm extraction, egg hatching, or preimplantation genetic diagnosis are required, the cost of IVF increases accordingly.
- Number of cycles – The more cycles a couple goes through before getting pregnant or abandoning treatment, the higher the overall cost of treatment becomes.
- The doctor – Some doctors work to keep costs low and pass on savings to patients, and to advocate for insurance coverage on their patients’ behalf.
- Local cost of living – The cost of treatment is higher in areas with a higher cost of living.
- Market conditions – The cost of medications and materials can fluctuate due to changes in availability and other market fluctuations.
Insurance Coverage and Financing
In Illinois, most insurance providers are required to cover the cost of IVF treatment. This makes IVF more feasible for many couples than it would otherwise be. It also means that the terms of your insurance coverage is the biggest factor that determines how much you will pay out of pocket, so it is important to be aware of issues such as the size of your deductible and copay.
For couples who still have to pay a substantial amount of the cost out of pocket, financing is available to spread the cost of treatment over a longer period of time. Many patients go through health care financing companies; options such as bank loans and credit cards are also available.
Affordable IVF Treatments Near Chicago
Dr. Randy Morris understands that fertility treatments can take a heavy financial toll on couples, which is why he works to provide affordable IVF treatments. Dr. Morris strives to keep costs as low as possible for patients, while also providing high-quality treatment that provides the best chances of getting pregnant in as few cycles as possible. In addition, Dr. Morris’s staff is skilled at working with insurance companies to identify insurance coverage for IVF, ensuring that couples pay as little out of pocket as possible.
Dr. Randy Morris would be happy to meet with you about whether or not IVF is right for you. To schedule your consultation today, please click below and enter your information or call IVF1 at (630) 357-6540.