For couples struggling with infertility, issues of cost and affordability must be considered in addition to which treatment is most likely to be effective. Between insurance coverage and choosing a doctor who is a good fit for the couple’s needs, many couples are able to find affordable fertility treatments. Below, we will take a look at the factors that affect the cost of fertility treatment, as well as where you can find affordable fertility treatments in Naperville, IL.
Factors Affecting the Cost of Treatment
The cost of treatment can vary from clinic to clinic, and from case to case depending on the couple’s specific needs. Some of the factors that have the biggest impact on the cost of treatment include:
- Type of treatment used – IVF is more expensive than less intensive options like IUI. When additional procedures like preimplantation genetic diagnosis are used, the cost of treatment further increases.
- Number of cycles needed – The more fertility cycles a couple goes through, the higher the cost of treatment becomes.
- Clinic’s rates – Some clinics are able to offer lower rates than others, due to factors such as lower overhead costs. The cost of the clinic should be considered with the overall quality of the clinic.
- Local cost of living – In areas with a higher cost of living, the cost of fertility treatment is higher.
- Market fluctuations – Fluctuations in availability and market conditions can cause the cost of medication and materials to rise and fall.
In Illinois, most insurance policies are required to cover the cost of fertility treatment, including IVF. This means that the biggest factor that affects affordability is the terms of your insurance policy. If you are not sure about how your insurance covers fertility treatment, you should contact your insurance provider for more information. Also, you should talk to your doctor about your fertility coverage. IVF1 frequently works to find fertility coverage that patients were not aware they had.
In some cases, patients may still pay a significant amount of money out of pocket, especially if they have a high deductible or copay. If you cannot manage the entire cost of treatment at once, there are a number of financing options available to spread the cost of treatment over a longer period of time.
Affordable Fertility Treatments – Naperville
IVF1 works to provide the most affordable fertility treatments in the Naperville area. Dr. Randy Morris would be happy to meet with you about which affordable fertility treatments might be right for you. To schedule your consultation today, please click below and enter your information or call IVF1 at (630) 357-6540.