No, not all fertility doctors have the expertise and resources to offer a reliable egg freezing program. Egg freezing is a relatively new innovation in Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART). Although it is a new technology, the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) no longer considers egg freezing to be an experimental procedure. At IVF1, Dr. Randy S. Morris has substantially contributed to the revolution of the egg freezing process.
Egg Freezing Pregnancy Success Rates
According to the ASRM, pregnancy rates using frozen eggs are comparable to success rates through IVF using fresh eggs. Also, studies ASRM accepted studies have shown no evidence of increases in chromosome abnormalities, birth defects, or developmental defects in babies born from frozen eggs.
Egg Freezing Doctor
Having establishing IVF1 as one of the first egg freezing programs in the Chicago regional area, Dr. Randy Morris is credited with achieving live births resulting from the amazing assisted reproductive technology known as oocyte cryopreservation – egg freezing. Dr. Morris spearheaded one of the nation’s first fertility preservation programs specifically designed for U.S. Military soldiers – SoldierCryo™ Military Fertility Preservation. Since 2003, thousands of women in the military have experienced injuries or chemical exposure causing infertility.
Candidates for Egg Freezing
Egg freezing – oocyte cryopreservation – is the latest, modern family planning option being popularized and sought out by:
- Today’s modern woman who is focused on her present day education and career opportunities
- Today’s modern woman whose circumstances in life are not presently conducive to rearing children
- Women who have decided to postpone childbearing past 30 because they have been unable to find their life partner
- Women who are facing cancer treatment – chemo or radiation – that could damage the quality of their eggs and/or destroy their ovarian function
- Women who are undergoing IVF – have produced excessive eggs – and do not want to dispose of their unused eggs
- Women having religious or ethical concerns over freezing embryos
- Women soldiers who are in danger of combat-related injuries or chemical exposure causing infertility
In Vitro Maturation (IVM) Specialist
At IVF1, Dr. Randy Morris specializes in egg freezing after they are retrieved through IVF. Dr. Randy Morris is renowned for implementing a cutting edge technique known as In Vitro Maturation (IVM). IVM is the maturation of eggs outside of the woman’s body in a laboratory setting. IVM does not require hormone stimulating fertility medications. IVM is a preferred method of fertility preservation through egg freezing for women who want to avoid using hormone stimulating fertility drugs.
At IVF1, Dr. Randy S. Morris has experienced comparable pregnancy success rates using fresh and frozen eggs.
Click the icon below and download a recently published eBook by Dr. Randy Morris – Guide to Fertility Treatment – for more information about your fertility treatment options.
To schedule a consultation, please call 630.357.6540. Long distance patients can consult with Dr. Morris through a secured Infertility Video Consultation.