Deciding among the best infertility treatment option for your individual needs will be a team effort between you and your fertility doctor. The best infertility treatment option will be one increasing the chances of creating a quality embryo to successfully embed into your uterine lining and naturally develop into a fetus and healthy newborn baby.
Infertility Treatment Options
The first treatment options for women under 35 with unexplained infertility is typically Intrauterine Insemination (IUI). IUI is a simple and cost-effective procedure in which a highly concentrated amount of sperm is inserted into the woman’s uterus via catheter at the time she is ovulating.
For women having failed numerous IUI treatments – or having blocked fallopian tubes, IVF is the recommended treatment option.
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) treatment options involve 5 traditional steps with a varied protocol addressing each patient’s individualized needs.
- Ovarian follicle development through fertility medications
- Removal of the eggs through a surgical egg retrieval procedure
- Fertilization of the eggs with sperm in a laboratory setting – In Vitro
- Embryo culture allowing the fertilized eggs to grow and develop into embryos
- Placement of the embryos into the woman’s uterus – Embryo Transfer
Variations of traditional IVF protocol include:
- Natural IVF – no fertility drugs are administered
- Minimal Stimulation IVF – low doses of fertility drugs are administered
- Donor Eggs through IVF1 Match
There are several ancillary procedures to the traditional IVF protocol.
- Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET)
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Assisted Hatching (AH)
When considering the best infertility treatment option, all women should be advised that their egg quality declines substantially after the age of 35. No worries – IVF1 Match is comprised of a large database of qualified egg donors. Dr. Randy S. Morris – founder and medical director of IVF1 in the Chicago regional area – specializes in IVF using donor eggs.
Premier Infertility Treatment Doctor
For over 20 years, Dr. Randy S. Morris – founder and Medical Director of IVF1 – has provided his patients with cost effective and infertility treatment options resulting in successful pregnancy. All procedures are performed within the comfort and warmth of IVF1’s inviting patient rooms in the brand new Naperville Fertility Center.
Guide to Fertility Treatment
Click the icon below to download a recently published eBook by Dr. Randy Morris – Guide to Fertility Treatment – and discover your fertility treatment options. Long distance patients can consult with Dr. Morris via a secured Online Video Consultation. Call IVF1 today for a consultation with Dr. Morris at 630.357.6540.